A Versatile, Resourceful Business Law Firm
The mere possibility of having to take a dispute to court makes many business owners and stakeholders recoil from a vision of valuable time lost and costs spiraling out of control. In a time of intense economic turmoil and upheaval, when every financial move can be pivotal, decisions on whether and how to pursue your interests are more challenging than ever before.
These factors make your choice of a law firm to advise and represent you especially critical. The process must start with exploration of critical questions:
- Are there funds or assets available — even if bankruptcy is part of the equation?
- Are you on solid legal ground?
- Are there practical alternatives to a lawsuit for reaching favorable resolution and keeping your dispute out of the media and public eye?
Seasoned Litigation Attorneys
From savvy guidance in front-end decision-making to aggressive representation at trial, our lawyers are a proven resource for you or your business in matters such as:
- Debt collection efforts, bankruptcy proceedings, and other crucial steps for recovering and protecting your assets
- Real estate disputes, breach of contract cases and business ownership disputes
- Breach of lease, eviction, foreclosure litigation, lien and title disputes, and other commercial real estate disputes
- Business injury or business interruption claims and coverage
- Partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, business ownership disputes and controversies over business succession — including those within families
- Other complex financial matters, including lender liability disputes, promissory note litigation and enforcement of confessed judgments
If The Stakes Are High For You And Your Business, Turn To Our Law Firm
Our business litigation attorneys bring decades of experience to the table. That experience ranges across the spectrum of complex litigation, bankruptcy court litigation, insurance defense, asset recovery and other types of litigation in federal and state courts.
To discuss any significant business dispute that requires superior trial experience, contact us.
Attorneys Focusing on this Practice Area
Represented debtor in Chapter 11 case with multi-million dollar 50+/- acre property.
Represent Chapter 7 trustee by handling all aspects of case, including litigating multiple adversary proceedings and liquidating entities, real properties and other assets of the estate.
Represented Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee/equity security holder debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of individual debtor’s bankrupt limited liability company by successfully negotiating settlement of equitable subordination adversary proceeding by equitably subordinating hundreds of thousands of dollars less than sought and negotiating $2,600,000 reduction in claim sought against individual debtor.
Counsel to condominium association in confirmed Chapter 11 plan of reorganization over competing plan filed by senior secured lender.
Successful defense of preference action for local utility based on an ordinary course defense in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas.
Successful defense of complaint in the EEOC for discrimination based on race, age and disability. The EEOC found no evidence of discrimination after evidentiary briefing.
Successful defense of defaulting purchaser in action based on breach of contract by seller. Upon default, the sellers sold the property for $300,000 less than the purchase price in the original contract. YVSM brought successful third-party claim against real estate broker representing the purchaser for professional negligence in providing advice to defaulting purchaser.
Serving as sole counsel for a defendant/guarantor of commercial debt in a federal collection action, which resulted in the court overturning a seven-figure default against the individual that was obtained prior to Ms. Hopkin’s involvement.
Counsel to bankruptcy trustee in liquidation of pioneering telephonic advice company known as the “Psychic Friends Network.”